Adams Rite 1830 Bottom Rail Deadlock (Swing Bolt)
The 1830 Bottom Rail Deadlock provides bottom rail locking in ultra-narrow stile or tempered glass doors. Tamper-proof with an armored faceplate, it protects with a minimum threshold strike opening.
Function: For bottom rail locking of ultra-narrow stile or tempered glass doors whose bottom rail (shoe) is too shallow for the MS1861 Bottom Rail Deadbolt. Mechanism is that of the MS1850A Deadlock, but with the bolt size reduced. This keeps the threshold strike opening to a practical minimum, avoiding collection of debris or snagging on high-heeled shoes. Armor faceplate protects cylinder setscrews from tampering and keeps them from loosening. Not applicable to wood doors.
Operation: 360 deg. turn of key or thumbturn throws or retracts the counterbalanced bolt. Key can be removed only when bolt is in a positively locked or unlocked position. Lock accepts any standard 1-5/32" mortise cylinder from either or both sides. Cylinder must have MS® dimensioned cam.
- Cylinder Height (Backset):
- 31/32" and 1-1/8" only.
- Steel with corrosion-resistant plating. Measures 1" x 6" x depth (depth varies with cylinder height).
- 15/32" x 5/8" x 2-1/8" with 5/8" throw. Six-ply laminated steel with eight plys within case. Center ply has Alumina-Ceramic core to deter hacksaw attack.
- 4006 strike is available separately, with stainless steel trim plate and plastic box.
- Cylinder Cam
- 1830 Bottom Rail Deadlocks are operable by any standard 1-5/32" diameter mortise cylinder with MS® cam, dimensioned as shown. Cylinders with MS® cams can be readily obtained from most cylinder manufacturers.
- Specify either 31/32" or 1-1/8" cylinder height 4006 strike and cylinder(s) available separately, if required.
- Standard Package:
- Individually boxed with machine screws for mounting. Cylinders and/or thumbturns are available separately. Shipping weight: 1-1/2 lbs.
Specifications for Adams Rite Manufacturing ADR1830-03-628Specifications
|Cylinder Type||Standard Mortise Cylinder|
|Finish Color||Aluminum, Brushed Aluminum, Satin Aluminum|
|Latch Bolt Faceplate Size||6-7/8" x 1"|
|Latch Bolt Throw||21/32"|
|Lock Category||Glass Alum Locks|
|Alternate Codes||136693, 1830-03-628, 183003628, ADRMS1830-03-628, MS1830-03-628, MS183003628|
|Function||Bottom Rail Deadbolt|
|Latch Bolt Type||Deadbolt|