MEDECO 4 High Security Locking System
Medeco builds on more than 50 years of lock engineering innovation and takes security to the next level, offering the highest level of protection against physical attack and unauthorized key duplication with Medeco 4 (M4).
M4 cylinders are UL 437 listed for physical strength and high security components, using solid brass construction with strategically placed hardened-steel inserts to thwart drilling attacks. In addition to tumbler pins that lift and rotate, M4’s design includes up to 4 side pins: 3 finger pins and 1 lift pin, which must all interact with the sidebar to open, providing a high level of pick resistance. The patent-pending M4 key design, with its shuttle pin movable element, also protects against the emerging threat of 3D printing for added credential security.
- Key Control: Patent-pending key control protects against unauthorized duplication of keys.
- Protection Against 3D Printing: A patent-pending movable element in the key deters against unauthorized 3D printed copies of keys or blanks.
- Picking and Bumping Protection: M4 cylinders use cylinder side pins, a shuttle lift pin and a movable key element to engage a sidebar that prevents the key from turning until the elements are rotated and aligned in the correct position, protecting against bumping, picking and other attacks.
- Uses Existing Hardware: M4 cylinders are available in a wide variety of formats, retrofitting most hardware on the market.
- Protection From Physical Attack: M4 cylinders are UL 437 listed and UL test lab proven to stand up to drilling, picking and other forms of physical attack.
- Special Angled Cut Keys: A special key cutting machine and access to Medeco-specific blanks are required to duplicate M4 keys, which are available in multiple levels of restriction to support every need.
- Master Keying Capabilities: M4 cylinders can be master keyed into a system that includes M4, M4 BiLevel, and M4 CLIQ keys and cylinders. Extremely large systems are possible.
- UL 437 Listed: Underwriters Laboratory standard for a cylinder’s ability to resist physical attack.
- ANSI/BHMA A156.30 & 156.5 rated — meets or exceeds criteria for strength and durability, key control and surreptitious entry resistance.
- Solid brass machined construction.
- Biaxial-style split pin tumblers.
- 100,000 cycle endurance tested.
- Angled, offset cuts on key blade.
- Movable element provides 3D copy protection.
- Patent-pending protection against unauthorized duplicate keys.
- Unique keyway pre-cuts using side cuts.
- Secondary bitting/side pins in four positions.
- Expanded master keying capability.
- M4 cylinders are available in a wide variety of formats and are ideal for any application requiring key control and a high level of physical security. They are upgradeable to electronics with M4 CLIQ.
- M4 cylinders are warranted for two years against manufacturer’s defects. M4 keys have a lifetime warranty against breakage. See the Medeco limited warranty for details.
Specifications for Medeco High Security Locks MED95-210100-MED4Specifications
|Manufacturer||Medeco High Security|
|Alternate Codes||95-210100-MED4, 95210100MED4|
|Machine Part Type||Clamp|