Available: 21 ( 21 STX )
8700 Series (Life-Safety) | 3700 Series (Fire-Rated) Rim Exit Device
The 8700 Series Rim Exit Device is designed for hollow metal and wood applications that require a life-safety exit device with Starwheel interlocking solution.
The 3700 Series Fire-Rated Rim Exit Device is designed for hollow metal and wood applications that require a fire-rated exit device with Starwheel interlocking solution.
Designed for use in applications with single doors or pairs of doors with a mullion.
|Model||Type||Rating||Door Construction||Max Size Single Doors||Max Size Pairs & Double Egress|
|3700||RE (Rim Exit)||3 hr||Hollow metal or wood||4' 0" x 10' 0"||8' 0" x 10' 0"|
- UL 305 Panic Hardware
- ANSI/BHMA A156.3, Grade 1
- 3700 Only: UL 10C fire-rated, up to 3 hours
- CAN/ULC S104 fire door conformant
- NFPA 252 fire door conformant
- Materials: Push bar made of extruded aluminum, clad or anodized in a variety of finishes.
- Handing: Device is non-handed.
- Push Bar Length: Standard Sizes:
- 30" [762.0 mm]
- 36" [914.4 mm]
- 42" [1,066.8mm]
- 48" [1,219.2 mm]
- Door Thickness: Suits 1-3/4" [44.5 mm] standard, up to 2-1/4" [57.2 mm].
- Stile Width: Minimum 3-3/4" [95.3 mm]. Door construction may require additional stile width to meet fire ratings and provide adequate strength.
- Projection: 2-5/8" [66.7 mm] when fully projected, 1-5/8" [41.3mm] when dogged.
- Dogging: Standard dogging with hex key or cylinder dogging for 8700 Series only. Electric dogging also available for 8700 and 3700 Series.
- Fasteners: Standard self-tapping screws and machine screws. Optional Sex Bolt Kits 26-0584 (two required per device) available separately.
- Cylinders: Select any standard 1-5/32" [29.4 mm] diameter rim cylinder such as the 8736 Rim Cylinder. Available separately.
- Cylinder x Fixed Pull Functions: For function 03 (Night latch - key releases latch) select any standard 1-5/32" [29.4 mm] diameter rim cylinder such as the 8736 Rim Cylinder.
- Entry Trim Functions: For entry trim function 08 (key locks/unlocks lever) or function 09 (key releases lever) select any standard 1" [25.4 mm] length, 1-5/32" [29.4mm] diameter mortise cylinder with MS® cam such as the 4036 Mortise Cylinder. Accommodates cylinder lengths from 1" [25.4 mm]to 1-1/4" [31.8 mm]. Available separately.
- Strike: Standard hardened steel strike (included).
- Removable Mullion: Allows the use of rim exit devices on paired doors without narrowing the doors. Provides higher security and better traffic flow than paired doors with vertical rod exit devices. 3889 Steel Mullion available separately. Select for use with doors up to 8' [2.44 m].
- Standard Package: Individually boxed.
- Shipping Weight: 10 lbs [4.54 kg]
- When door closes, the interlocking noseguard and Starwheel bolt close around the strike. The deadlocking slide springs over, locking the Starwheel bolt to the strike.
- When push bar is depressed, the deadlocking slide moves back, allowing the door to unlock from the strike. This unique interlock provides solid security and prevents jamb spreading.
- Electrification Options: (MLR) Motorized Latch Retraction, Electric Latch Retraction (EL), Alarm, Monitoring.
- Mechanical Options; Cylinder Dogging, Matching End Caps.
Specifications for Adams Rite Manufacturing ADR8701-36Specifications
|Category||Glass Aluminum Hardware, Narrow Style Exit Devices, Panic Devices, Panic Devices & Exit Alarms, Rim Panic Devices|
|Alternate Codes||8701-36, 870136, ADR8701-36-628, ADR8703-36-628|